Re: [xsl] Input requested for a good genuine example of the best parts of XSLT 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Input requested for a good genuine example of the best parts of XSLT 2
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:42:15 -0800
For someone starting today, if they are reasonably competent, I would expect
them to have an 80% implementation within a year and a 100% implementation
within two years.

Do you mean an implementation of a Basic or an SA XSLT 2.0 processor?

-- Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev --------------------------------------- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence. --------------------------------------- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk ------------------------------------- You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play

On 1/25/07, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> they mentioned that implementors wait till
> XSLT [2.0] becomes a W3C recommendation, before they even proceed
> to implement the changes only because the changes are not finalized.

There have been quite a few software suppliers telling their users this kind
of thing.

Of course it's partly true, and it's partly an excuse: that is to say, they
could have started implementing XSLT 2.0 long before it became a
recommendation if they chose to. So it will be interesting to see how many
of these people now start implementing the new specification, and how many
of them find another excuse.

For someone starting today, if they are reasonably competent, I would expect
them to have an 80% implementation within a year and a 100% implementation
within two years.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/