Re: [xsl] Input requested for a good genuine example of the best parts of XSLT 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Input requested for a good genuine example of the best parts of XSLT 2
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:16:49 -0800 (PST)
I don't mean to interrupt this thread but I'm simply replying one of the
statements made earlier. May this thread continue.

>> until then, those who
use Xalan have to stay with XSLT1.0.

>Or switch to Saxon if they can.
(Xalan is Java too, isn't it?)

It is not possible to switch to Saxon in the
case of certain Java developers who use JSP Tag Libraries (JSTL),
because JSTL
uses Xalan. I don't know and don't think JSTL works with Saxon.

JSTL comes
with XML processing tag it reads the XML and the XSL file, and then transforms
them inside the JSP file.

So, JSP, JSTL developers have to wait until Xalan
implements XSLT2.0 and XPath2.0 , until then I guess it's a good idea to
practice XSLT2.0 with Saxon.

I was reading on a thread (I'm unable to find it
at the moment), where they mentioned that implementors wait till XSLT becomes
a W3C recommendation, before they even proceed to implement the changes only
because the changes are not finalized.

Perhaps .Net and other technologies
have support for XSLT2.0, I don't know about that.

-Rashmi

----- Original
Message ----