Re: [xsl] the future of xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] the future of xslt
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:15:25 -0600
On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:11:02 -0600, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Book sales for XML and XSLT are way down from 2000
levels, but usage for both is vastly greater.

I think this has more to do with the fact that people are looking to Google for quick "How do I..." answers to programming questions rather than to Amazon and Barnes&Noble. That+= the fact that it will still be a few more years before XSLT 2.0 reaches critical mass as far as vendor support is concerned, so the existing base of Kay, Tennison, etc. titles is sufficient to get people by for the time being.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | m.david@xxxxxx
Mobile: (206) 999-0588
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354