Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:58:18 +0200
Colin Paul Adams schrieb:
"Scott" == Scott Trenda <Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Scott> My reply is getting a little off-topic, but on the same Scott> note, why haven't we seen a widely-used XML-based HTML Scott> preprocessor language yet?

Pre-processors are just bad. (If you mean macro processors, that is.
If you mean transformation languages, such as XSLT, then you have the
answer to your own question.)

PHP, which stands for "Pretty Home Page", was surnamed "PHP HTML Preprocessor" (a so-called recursive acronym, like GNU) when it was a couple of years old, obviously in an effort to give it a more serious appeal.

I thank that's what Scott was referring to, not macro processors.

As for XSLT in that role, it doesn't do SQL and send mail.

Michael Ludwig