Re: [xsl] junit test... for xslt2?

Subject: Re: [xsl] junit test... for xslt2?
From: Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:13:35 +0000
On 13/03/10 11:58, Maurice Mengel wrote:
Hi everyone,

I find the topic very interesting, but also pretty advanced and
difficult to follow. If there were a book on xslt testing I would
certainly buy it. So is there any interest in publishing such a book
or at least a book which includes a decent and recent chapter on xslt
testing? I assume there is none since I couldn't find one. It seems
that O'Reily's "Java and XSLT" is a bit outdated and a bit
superficial. I ordered it, but haven't actually looked at it.

Maurice

Not yet Maurice ;-) Firstly I don't think XSLT testing is anything like mature. We can learn lessons from junit in the java world etc, The 'hardware' test arena is using XML, for test specifications, test results etc (Google ATML, ieee.org). Oasis is looking at test specs, W3C have drifted that way a little, but nothing concrete in the odd XSLT world.

Until the task is scoped well it's hard to define
what will satisfy the 80%? No group has
got together to even start that.

HTH

regards