Re: [xsl] Ordered union of sequences

Subject: Re: [xsl] Ordered union of sequences
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:50:15 +0200
Am 08.04.2010 um 16:09 schrieb Michael Kay:

> It seems to me that you first want to create (or imagine) a graph: in your
> example there are arcs k->o, o->p, p->c, a->b, b->c, etc.
>
> Then you want to look for cycles in this graph. If any cycles exist, there
> is no solution to your problem.

Thanks Michael, I guess I have to finally understand the graph stuff. I will
turn to the example in the 4th edition p.251 ff. for a starter.

Am 08.04.2010 um 16:47 schrieb Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex:

> [... cool, ready-made example ...]

> Does that make sense?
>
> If I include <o/> at the other position, i.e.,
> I receive "Too many nested function calls. May be due to infinite
recursion." as expected.

Gerrit, I am at early stages to understand the algorithm. The function counts
the maximum number of preceding siblings on any available path and uses this
as a sort key. This is some sort of creating a graph, backtracing to the
beginning... which is what Michael suggested, isn't it.

Thanks a lot for the most valuable input!

I need a result and the inconsistency report, so the user can fix the input. I
will be looking into stopping the infinite recursion somehow.

- Michael

>>> containing items

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747