[xsl] Index with multiple <page-sequence>'s

Subject: [xsl] Index with multiple <page-sequence>'s
From: "Goettel, Christopher D" <christopher-goettel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:39:41 -0500
Using Apache FOP 0.95

I'm putting together a 500 page academic catalog where each of the 60
departments has it's own title page and subsequent content.  The title page is
styled differently then the remaining pages, so each department itself is a
<page-sequence> so that I can style the "first" page of each department
accordingly.  Multiple <page-sequence>'s makes sense in this context and it's
worked smoothly.

I then have to generate an index at the end of the catalog that references
specific id's in the text of the department <page-sequences>'s.  However, if I
have <fo:block id="english"> in the English Department's content, it seems I
can't then reference it by doing <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="english">
from within the index's <page-sequence>.  I've also tried <fo:inline
id="english"> but no luck.

I know that I can put an id on the <page-sequences>'s themselves and then
reference them, but in this case, I need to reference material inside the text
(i.e. not just the first or last page of a page-sequence).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.