Re: [xsl] A compelling use case for employing binary trees in XML processing?

Subject: Re: [xsl] A compelling use case for employing binary trees in XML processing?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 22:56:25 +0000
With xsl:sort you can get all the transactions in date order.

With xsl:key you can get the transactions for a specific date.

If you want all the transactions from 2012-04-15 to 2012-05-15, then neither keys nor sort is well suited, and a simple filter could be very inefficient. But binary trees will handle this well.

Michael Kay
Saxonica