Re: [xsl] Nesting a flat XML structure

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nesting a flat XML structure
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:02:14 -0000
On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 06:52:59PM -0000, Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx scripsit:
[snipped examples]
> though so keeps the "ul" lists separated from the sibling "p" elements, have
> so far not understood why a list belongs into a preceding paragraph.

I have so far found that taking a word processor format flat sequence of
elements and properly nesting the lists takes interpreting the source
for level, labelling the list with that level (generally via disposable
attribute), and then performing a distinct nesting pass where the final
list item of a list "eats" the immediate follow-sibling lists if the
list has a lower level-label than this list.  Especially when you have
complex list items (tables, multiple paragraphs, notes...) it's
generally just easier to approach the problem as a sequence of passes
over the content.

-- Graydon