Re: [xsl] Nesting a flat XML structure

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nesting a flat XML structure
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 20:26:48 -0000
On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 08:16:55PM -0000, Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> However (as I think Graydon also implies), frequently the requirement
> is so far away from the generic, that it is easier to code it to the
> case.

I don't know if I implied that but I certainly agree with it!

Fully general eat-the-wordprocess-format puts you up against multiple
decades and hundreds of programmers and multiple policy changes.  If you
write for the content you've got, that can sometimes be bad anyway, but
at least it's just this content.

(I can generally write a not-especially-awful-docx converter in a week;
if I had to write something fully general for docx I would not be done
yet, and no one wants to wait that long for their content conversion.)

-- Graydon