Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] right alignment after leader dots (multiple lines)

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] right alignment after leader dots (multiple lines)
From: "Tony Graham tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:07:14 -0000
On 17/08/2021 07:49, Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Kevin, fair enough.

Please find attached a screenshot of two rows in the table ("message
too big" made me put it on a server: http://gbormans.telenet.be/table-test.jpg)

The 2006 and the 2011 should align right in the column The 2011
should move right to the second red line And the dots should end on
the first red line

I hope this makes more sense now

Sorry, but can you include more of your XSL-FO markup? Like Kevin, I can format your sample with FOP 2.6 and not reproduce your problem.

The screenshot is the FOP rendering. AH Formatter does what I
expected

Actually, I don't see the 1mm leader with AH Formatter. The effect can be achieved with both AH Formatter and FOP by dropping the 1mm leader and adding 'padding-left="1mm"' to the remaining fo:leader. However, I also don't see it in your FOP screenshot.

A possible alternative is to simulate a second table cell with the text
pushed to the bottom by using a second table cell with the text pushed
to the bottom:

<fo:table-cell padding-bottom="5mm" keep-together.within-page="always"

column-number="2">
<fo:block keep-together.within-page="always"
text-align="left"
end-indent="9mm"
last-line-end-indent="-9mm"
text-align-last="justify">
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse sodales tincidunt sapien. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Phasellus quis auctor diam.<fo:leader padding-left="1mm"
leader-pattern="dots" leader-length.optimum="100%"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell padding-bottom="5mm" keep-together.within-page="always"

    column-number="3" display-align="after">
    <fo:block><fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always"
                    font-weight="bold"> 2006</fo:inline></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

In your screenshot, the following column seems to use
display-align="after" as well.  Is there some reason for not using a
column for the numbers?

Regards,

Tony Graham. -- Senior Architect XML Division Antenna House, Inc. ---- Skerries, Ireland tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx