Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] right alignment after leader dots (multiple lines)

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] right alignment after leader dots (multiple lines)
From: "Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:28:53 -0000
Hi Tony,

Thanks for looking into this
I have attached a full working example

The first leader and the space before the number, I added because without them FOP pushes the dot leader to the next line, giving me a full line of dots

About your second cell suggestion...
I have a variant that does exactly that, but what I need then to happen is a fill out to end of cell boundary with leader dots
The only way I know of to get there is to add an invisible character.
It is a lot nicer (because the numbers are aligned correctly) but I can not get to align the ending of the dots.
Problem is the same, the one cell variant is more obvious, so I decided to share that variant

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Geert Bormans

----- Op 17 aug 2021 om 17:13 schreef Tony Graham tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On 17/08/2021 07:49, Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Kevin, fair enough.
>
> Please find attached a screenshot of two rows in the table ("message
> too big" made me put it on a server:
> http://gbormans.telenet.be/table-test.jpg)
>
> The 2006 and the 2011 should align right in the column The 2011
> should move right to the second red line And the dots should end on
> the first red line
>
> I hope this makes more sense now

Sorry, but can you include more of your XSL-FO markup?  Like Kevin, I
can format your sample with FOP 2.6 and not reproduce your problem.

> The screenshot is the FOP rendering. AH Formatter does what I
> expected

Actually, I don't see the 1mm leader with AH Formatter.  The effect can
be achieved with both AH Formatter and FOP by dropping the 1mm leader
and adding 'padding-left="1mm"' to the remaining fo:leader.  However, I
also don't see it in your FOP screenshot.

A possible alternative is to simulate a second table cell with the text
pushed to the bottom by using a second table cell with the text pushed
to the bottom:

<fo:table-cell padding-bottom="5mm" keep-together.within-page="always"

     column-number="2">
     <fo:block keep-together.within-page="always"
         text-align="left"
         end-indent="9mm"
         last-line-end-indent="-9mm"
         text-align-last="justify">
         Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
Suspendisse sodales tincidunt sapien. Orci varius natoque penatibus et
magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Phasellus quis
auctor diam.<fo:leader padding-left="1mm"
                 leader-pattern="dots"
leader-length.optimum="100%"/></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell padding-bottom="5mm" keep-together.within-page="always"

     column-number="3" display-align="after">
     <fo:block><fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always"
                     font-weight="bold"> 2006</fo:inline></fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

In your screenshot, the following column seems to use
display-align="after" as well.  Is there some reason for not using a
column for the numbers?

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect
XML Division

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/xml which had a name of table-test.fo]