Re: [xsl] How to count the distinct values where elements with missing child are counted as one of the distinct values?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to count the distinct values where elements with missing child are counted as one of the distinct values?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 15:09:45 -0000
> Use count(distinct-values(/test/row/string(transition)))

I would use the more obvious and self-explanatory:

let $test := /test/row
  return
     count(distinct-values($test/transition)) + 1[$test[not(transition)]]

If this XPath evaluation is initiated from an XSLT transformation and XSLT
1.0 compatibility set to true (Specifying version = "1.0" but using an XSLT
2.0 or later processor), one can use even:

 count(distinct-values(/test/row/transition)) +
boolean(/test/row[not(transition)])

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 7:33 AM Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Never fight an inanimate object
-------------------------------------
biggest mistake of all
------------------------------------
you're doing is work or play
Typing monkeys will write all Shakespeare's works in 200yrs.Will they write
all patents, too? :)
Sanity is madness put to good use.