Re: single user license agreement

Subject: Re: single user license agreement
From: "K. W. Jeter" <jeter2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:55:16 -0700
At 02:32 PM 7/28/2003 -0500, Anne Mackereth wrote:

>I have been told that the attorney at our small University cannot be
>consulted for such matters.

Then what exactly is your university paying him to do?  This is exactly the
sort of thing that your university's attorney is supposed to be consulted
about.  If he (or she) is unwilling to do his job, then your university
should get rid of him and get someone who is willing.  Take it up with the
administration.

>..so, in your opinion(s), does lending the
>book with its CD constitute a possible copyright violation?

Whether it does or not, consulting people on this group won't help you much
in court, should it come to that.  That's why your university has an attorney.

Best wishes,

K. W. Jeter
---