Re:Making copies of video from DVD and TEACH Act

Subject: Re:Making copies of video from DVD and TEACH Act
From: Jeffrey La Favre <jlafavre@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:31:46 -0500
I would like to thank those who have replied to my inquiry.
I am aware that the TEACH Act also amended section 112 and
that it offers the alternative of creating a copy from an
analog source when DRM prevents use of a digital copy.
However, most of the copyrighted video on tape also contains
copy protection known as Macrovision.  If I digitize from
this source, I will eliminate the Macrovision. And is this
not also circumventing a protective measure put in place by
the copyright holder? Or are we allowed to circumvent
technological measures present on analog material?