RE: Making copies of video from DVD and TEACH Act

Subject: RE: Making copies of video from DVD and TEACH Act
From: "John T. Mitchell" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:15:04 -0500
The DMCA did intend to address Macrovision to some extent.  See Section
1201(k), and note that 1201(k)(5) states:

"(5) Violations.-Any violation of paragraph (1) of this subsection shall
be
treated as a violation of subsection (b)(1) of this section. Any
violation of paragraph
(2) of this subsection shall be deemed an "act of circumvention" for the
purposes of section 1203(c)(3)(A) of this chapter."

I would not, however, hazard to interpret how or whether 1201(k)(2)
applies in your situation.

John