[digital-copyright] Advice on dealing with settlement requests in DMCA infringement notices

Subject: [digital-copyright] Advice on dealing with settlement requests in DMCA infringement notices
From: Nial Johnson <nial@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:33:17 -0600
 As the campus DMCA rep I have recently received an increase of
infringement notices. While most were what I consider standard take down
requests, a few are requiring settlement in order to prevent litigation and
acquire release from future liability. Not having dealt with this type of
notice in the past, I am curious on how others have processed and responded
to these claims as well as advice provided to those culpable.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

*Nial L. Johnson, Executive Director*
Instructional Technology & Media Services
Bradley University
Peoria, IL   61625
309-677-2334 (o)
309-677-2330 (fax)