[digital-copyright] RE: copyright guides

Subject: [digital-copyright] RE: copyright guides
From: Charles Wiggins <cpwiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:01:31 +0000
Mr. Tucker, et al.,

http://library.isothermal.edu/copyright
This is what I put together for our faculty.  I tried to pull a lot of info together and bchunkb it to simplify the approach and make it consumable. Look particularly at the Copyright Basics and Copyright Compliance Decision Guide. I tried to organize the guide from the simplest and most secure types of compliance to the more involved and less secure, ending with Fair Use.

Feel free to borrow, rip-off, duplicate, etc.

I am not necessarily saying itbs good, as I have not gotten a lot of feedback on it, but it is what we use.

We do subscribe to CCC, so thatbs a big part of what we point faculty toward, but still, that is only part of our approach.

Cheers,
Charles
Charles P. Wiggins, Director of Library Services
Isothermal Community College
P.O. Box 804
Spindale, NC 28160
828b395-1306