Re: [digital-copyright] Reproducing visual art

Subject: Re: [digital-copyright] Reproducing visual art
From: Kevin Smith <kevin.l.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:01:40 +0000
Without expressing an opinion about whether or not permission is needed, the
WATCH file (Writers, Artist and their Copyright Holders), maintained by the
Ransom Center for the Humanities at the University of Texas, gives clear
information about Dali's estate.  Apparently he gave all of his IP rights to
the Spanish state, which has created a foundation to administer them.  That
foundation, in turn, is represented by a collective rights organization called
VEGAP in Spain and by the Artists' Rights Society in the U.S.

Here is the link to the contact information for Dali in the WATCH database:

http://norman.hrc.utexas.edu/watch/record_detail.cfm?contactid=2670&IndivID=2
701&ArtistID=582

Contact information for the Artist's Rights Socuiety can be found on their
webpage at http://www.arsny.com.

Kevin

Kevin L. Smith, M.L.S., J.D.
Director of Copyright and Scholarly Communications
Duke University Libraries
P.O. Box 90193
Durham, NC 27708
919-668-4451