Re: [stella] to overscan or not to overscan?

Subject: Re: [stella] to overscan or not to overscan?
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 23:45:14 +0100
>>The overscan is the part from the end of the visible TV screen to the end of
>>the actual TV tube. Since there is nothing to see there you can simply
>>skip them
>>by setting up a loop, that does STA WSYNC 30(36) times.
>
>It seems to me that it's no easy to say where the visible TV screen ends,
>maybe this changes from TV set to TV set?

Yes, it is dependant on your TV set, but the programmer's guide says, that
Atari's researchers found these values to work with most TV sets. So you
should stick to them. Of course you can shift some picture lines to the
overscan part, if you don't need the whole screen to display, but more time
for game logic.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
2stolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx