[stella] Re: Combat programming

Subject: [stella] Re: Combat programming
From: jimn8@xxxxxxxxxx (Jim Nitchals)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:37:45 -0800 (PST)

> Well, nobody's arrested me yet anyway.  No problem, it'd just spoil all
> the fun for me if someone else came up to me with a listing that was
> already done.

Sorry I'm so paranoid, but disrespecting copyright law, even a little,
isn't OK for me considering that copyrights protect my own work.

> Then it will remain a mystery until we can track down the guy who put that
> code in there.

I'll wire an LED and try to figure out what function it seems tailored to.
Illuminating the game reset switch is my first guess.

> Wait a minute...What boot code?

The initialization code at $F000 is what I meant.

Combat's initialization code starts with an SEI instruction, which I find
humorous considering there are no interrupt sources available.  Perhaps
the prototyping environment generated them.