Re: [stella] Let's get positive--2600 TUTORIAL

Subject: Re: [stella] Let's get positive--2600 TUTORIAL
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:01:43 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I'd like to hear from people on the list about what they feel about this as
> a good cooperative project for the members.
>
> I think a completed reference like this would be invaluable to potential
> programmers the way books like "De Re Atari" or "Mapping the Atari" were to
> the Atari8 crowd (both of which went far beyond simple memory maps into
> covering display list tricks, scrolling, redefined character sets, and PMG
> techniques).

Sounds like a good idea.  What would really be neat is an Atari 2600
correspondance programing course. :-)

As for the poll, I really have no experience with 6502 programming.
I'm willing to learn how to program the 2600, but I know it's going
to take some time.  Getting over the inital hump and actually start
messing around with code is the big hurdle at the moment. It's hard to
squeeze in coding for the 2600 when I'm currently in two different
programming courses.  Hopefully I'll get started sometime this summer.
As for what type of game, a kaboom clone would be nice, but we'll see.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx