Re: [stella] Here's a rough binary

Subject: Re: [stella] Here's a rough binary
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:42:15 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Greg Troutman wrote:

> I've been frustrated trying to figure out a bunch of hard stuff, so I
> snarfed and fibrulated some code from Stellar Trak to throw this
> together.  I find it mildly amusing.  Use the stick left and right and
> press the button to work it.  It's way simple/stupid/buggy so far, but
> I've got some ideas to jazz it up when I find time...  I'll provide the
> source after I put some comments in.

HA! I love it. It may be buggy, it may be simple, it may be
a real crappy game so far, but it's still neat-o-rifiic.
Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see he finished game.

As for the controls, I sometimes found myself moving more than
one screen at a time when I would push the buttton.  I would
put a delay in between the time the button is pressed and the next time it
is checked if I were you or just don't check the button again until after
it is no longer depressed.  Otherwise, I think it's a pretty good idea
for a supercharger game.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Atari 2600 Fun Facts & Info Guide / Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ
Tom Swift Books / http://www.grfn.org/~cpepin1/index.html