Re: [stella] demo update: PCMSD20.BIN

Subject: Re: [stella] demo update: PCMSD20.BIN
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:40:39 +0200 (METDST)
At 14.37 11/04/97 -0500, Lee Seitz wrote:

>Will the balls bounce off each each other (that would be neat, but would
probably cause
>flicker) or just go back and forth as a group?

In order to make them bounce off each other I should rewrite half of the
code and change much of data organisation (and there would be flicker), so
that won't be done.

>One thing I noticed was that there's no randomness to anything's
>starting position.  This means the demo "finishes" the "first board"
>after a couple minutes, but then goes on for longer than I cared to
>watch on the "second board."

Yes, now the demo is absolutely deterministic. Isn't it amazing how things
go on without looping? :)

>Are you planning on adding any
>randomness, or will you depend on humans' inability to precisely
>repeat the same actions twice to do it for you?

There will be a lot of randomized parameters, it's just not an imporant
issue at the moment.

>I understand.  I'll look forward to MP whenever you can get back to
>it.  In the meantime, I'm really enjoying watching the evolution of
>this demo/game.

Thanks, the critical part will be player's control and I'll need feedback on
this.

Ciao,
 P.

--