Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)

Subject: Re: [stella] MultiSprite... game update (playable!)
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:47:40 -0500 (CDT)
Piero Cavina boldly stated:

>Since it can't send velocity information in joystick mode, I can't see very
>much use for this trackball, unless it's at least 'more confortable' than
>joystick in some games.
>For example, is playing 'Missile command', 'Crystal castles', 'Centipede'
>with the trackball really better than doing the same with the joystick?

I'm not sure about Crystal Castles (it's been a while), but you get
more of the old arcade feeling using the trackball with Missile
Command and Centipede.  I'm pretty sure there were some games planned
to take advantage of the trackball in trackball mode, but since it
came out around the time of the Crash . . . .

>I think that it should send pulses to the 2600 when rolled, and counting the
>lenght of the interval between pulses can determine the velocity of the ball...

That's probably it.  I'm not a techy, so I don't know.

I, for one, would like to see a game that uses trackball mode.  I'd
also like to see a new game that uses the driving controllers, but I
understand why some programmers have no desire to work with an even
more limited audience than normal.

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/