Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)

Subject: Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 23:46:38 +0100
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>If Starpath can get away with calling their shooter 'Communist Mutants from
>Space', then Oystron shouldn't be a problem either :-)

BTW, here in Italy the communist party was the 2nd political party when
that game was in the shops... that was quite funny :) Who knows why they
choose such a title but didn't put any "communist iconography" in the
game...

>>- you'd better to pay attention to the groups of three bombs...
>
>This seems to be a bit unfair. They pop up so fast, that you have no chance
>destroying them, when you are on the other half of the screen.

I added that feature because I didn't want the player to remain too long
near the top or the bottom of the screen. A group of 3 bombs in the other
part of the screen would make the player run!

>Maybe you
>could change this to something like this:
>1 bomb destroys the line it comes in
>2 bombs also destroy the line above and below
>2 bombs detroy the two lines above and below

that is a good idea... I'll see if I can fit the code in.

>That way you would still have to worry about bombs in another line, but
>they won't affect you, if you can't reach them.

or I could slow down the deadly groups of three bombs...

P.