Re: [stella] Wanted: Buff 2600 programmer for new game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Wanted: Buff 2600 programmer for new game!
From: kickass <kickass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, kickass wrote:
> > Hi, I've got a game I want to make for the 2600, but assembly (especially
> > 2600 line-by-line,) is currently a bit out of my league. I am very adept
>
> I'd strongly encourage someone to work with this guy.
>
> The reason being that there may be people on this list who are good
> coders, but not necessarily good game designers.  The two do not
> necessarily always coexist!!  Sometimes it's best to focus on your
> strengths and allow others to help you in your weaker areas.
>
> There is also a trend that hobby game programmers fall into of always
> defaulting to a clone of a preexisting game vs. a totally original title.
> For instance, John Dondzilla writes great games for the Vec, but _ALL_ of
> them are clones, not originals.  There is something to be said for
> originality, which would be quite refreshing on an old console.
>
> So I would encourage you to consider working with him.
>
> I understand that the 2600 is a system where one person can write a game
> from scratch without any help, but even the best games, though authored by
> only one person, was a team effort and benefitted from the shared
> routines, advice, and playtesting of coworkers.
>
> Why not give it a try?
>

> --
> Archives updated once/day at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/

Thank you very much for your support! I too feel that a group community
can really help things, as long as you have a strong game idea. Once the
game idea is known, all the code heads can have fun trying to make it
work, and make it playable. I really hope that this can come to fruition.
I don't think it will push the 2600 too much, but I may be wrong...

Zilla
KDK