Re: [stella] re: optimizations; Call for suggestions

Subject: Re: [stella] re: optimizations; Call for suggestions
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:14:34 -0700 (MST)
>On-topic question: what would folks suggest as the best text entry system
>for a secret message encryption cartridge?  I'm thinking paddles because
>the keyboard controllers are harder to find, and don't have enough keys
>to cover the alphabet.
>
>Playfield graphics for the text, variable width font to maximize how much
>text can be displayed.  4K standard cart should do it, no Supercharger
>required.

You're not trying to copy-protect a cartridge are you?  That's lame even
on machines where that's economical.

>The program would use straight or triple DES, so it couldn't be exported
>or posted to STELLA (but that's part of the point, actually, since
>encryption restrictions look silly when a 2600 cart can be banned.)

Well, THIS I'd buy.  "I'm an international arms trader... for buying THIS!"
That scenario sounds a lot better to me than explaining verbally about the
web page I visited where I send DES back and forth.