[stella] Latest version of multi.bin

Subject: [stella] Latest version of multi.bin
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:15:29 -0500
>Reply to your message of 9/24/97 8:01 AM
>
>Bob, my main pet peeve about your multisprite routines is that you allow
>flicker to extend to 15hz.  If you look at Solaris or Stargate I don't
>think either of them allow anything worse than 30hz.  15hz is beyond my
>personal threshold of tolerance.

Well, you're correct about the flicker, but my goal is to allow me to put all of those sprites ANYWHERE on screen.  When I write my game, I will design it so that flicker is minimized, but I will have the flexibility to move a sprite if I feel it is necessary.  It will also allow me more freedom while designing the game.  Instead of having to worry about placing multiple copies of sprites around the screen, I can just set a sprite #, x & y coordinates, x & y motion values, a size value, and the sprite will be there!  The latest version of the engine is included, it allows me to set the NUSIZ value for a sprite too, so you can see a few different sizes/copies of sprites on the screen.

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert