R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN

Subject: R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 14:16:15 +0200
> So, I'm wondering about various ways to proceed:
>
>  	- eliminate shooting completely, and add more challenge to the
> flying/rescuing aspects of the game
>
> 	- program numerous less-than-perfect control schemes and let the player
> select which one he prefers
>
> 	- simplify the flying, back to the original style where the ship moves
> upward automatically after you've picked up a man
>
> 	- build a custom cable to connect a Genesis controller to both joystick
> ports and use two buttons (just kidding ;)

Here's my idea about how to handle shooting and flying with just one
button!

- When you press the button the rockets turn on but the ship doesn't shoot.

- When you release the button the rockets don't turn off immediately, that
will happen only after a short amount of time.

- If you press the button again before that time has expired, a shot is
fired!

In practice, choosing carefully the delay it should be possible to
control flying and shooting at the same time without affecting too much the
gameplay.

Let me know what you think...

P.