Re: [stella] sync problems...

Subject: Re: [stella] sync problems...
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:51:37 -0800 (PST)
> Eckhard:
> Should this bit of code pretty much be mandatory in
> all games we work on?  And could you please explain
> a little more about what you mean 'the signal might
> get too weak'?  This sounds very strange to me...
> how does hitting the register more often 'strengthen'
> the signal?

Robin,

The video signals produced by the TIA are digital, but these are passed
through an RC network to produce the analog signal which eventually
goes to the tv.  The issue that Eckhard mentions could be due to a
lack of current drive ability inside the TIA.  If you try to do too
many things at once, there may not be enough current to properly drive
the RC network, and your analog voltages will suffer...possibly to the
point of being unusable.

Does this sound right, Eckhard?

-Chris