Re: [stella] sync problems...

Subject: Re: [stella] sync problems...
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:49:45 -0500 (EST)
> Well, it sounds barely possible, though unlikely.   Eckhard, does this
> happen when you use a different 2600 console or power supply?  Does it
> happen on any of Atari's games (there's gotta be some that do stuff during
> the vsync period...) or just our homebrews?  Also,are you trying to put an
> NTSC signal through a PAL TV or vice versa?

Addendum to that (sorry for the self-reply) - does it only happen on the
Supercharger?  If so, since the Supercharger is known to drain more
current than regular carts, loss of signal strength is a definite
possibility.  Anyone want to find an Atari game that does something during
the vsync period, so Eckhard can try the same code on a real cart and on
the SC so we can see if the SC does draw too much current?  (this
wouldn't even be too difficult - search a directory with .BINs for the
byte codes that correspond to STA VSYNC - if another STA VSYNC isn't found
within 10-15 bytes of the first, it's a candidate for testing.  I might
try this search myself when I get home.)