Re: [stella] sync problems...

Subject: Re: [stella] sync problems...
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:22:59 -0500 (EST)
> The video signals produced by the TIA are digital, but these are passed
> through an RC network to produce the analog signal which eventually
> goes to the tv.  The issue that Eckhard mentions could be due to a
> lack of current drive ability inside the TIA.  If you try to do too
> many things at once, there may not be enough current to properly drive
> the RC network, and your analog voltages will suffer...possibly to the
> point of being unusable.

Well, it sounds barely possible, though unlikely.   Eckhard, does this
happen when you use a different 2600 console or power supply?  Does it
happen on any of Atari's games (there's gotta be some that do stuff during
the vsync period...) or just our homebrews?  Also,are you trying to put an
NTSC signal through a PAL TV or vice versa?