Re: Re: [stella] New members

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] New members
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 18:27:10 +0200
At 10:43 05.05.98 +0200, you wrote:
>Well, on the 2600 I consider this (Plotting, I hope you meant this one)
>as rather complicated, even if you don't implement a 2-player
>simultaneous game. You have up to six rows of symbols on each line, plus
>the player holding another symbol. The symbols differ in color AND
>pattern. A one-player version would eventually be doable if you leave
>out either the pattern or the color differences, and if you let
>everything flicker, for instance, displaying the player and its symbol

Plotting had a playfield of 12*12 and there were only 4 different
symbols. If each symbol would only be 4 pixels wide, it would
fit into the 6 sprites routine, which gives you 48 pixels. Or
is you would allow flicker, you could use symbols, that are
8 pixels wide.

You might need to use Supercharger RAM to hold the display, though.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg