Re: [stella] Jim Nitchals

Subject: Re: [stella] Jim Nitchals
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 22:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
I was one of the first to find out about this, via call from Jim's wife on
Sunday.  Dan, Russ, and I have been contemplating how to announce this to
Stellalist, and I guess we hesitated too long...

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Chris Cracknell wrote:
> I had talked with him in e-mail off this list a number of times on a number
> of subjects and it is sad to think that all the "secret" projects of his
> will now be lost forever.

There is no need to be so somber.  His computer still exists, and someone
will become its caretaker.  I think I should be the one to take the
leftover Stella CD materials home with me, but I could also look over his
computer and see if I can archive his 2600-related programming.

His sourcecode should probably pass on to someone who would know what to
do it, like either Piero or Bob Colbert.

> Does anyone have any details yet on his death?

It was health-related.  I don't think anything more need be said.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page http://www.primenet.com/~krishna                ==