Re: [stella] Jim Nitchals

Subject: Re: [stella] Jim Nitchals
From: slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Russ Perry Jr)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 01:44:07 -0600
Chris Cracknell wrote:
>[Jim Nitchals] told me of a program he wrote for the 2600 that turned it
>into a 4 voice digital synth and completely threw the machine's sound
>limitations out the window.

Was this complete, period?  Neat.

>Because of his contractual obligations with Headspace (a company founded
>and run by Thomas Dolby) he was holding off the release of this 2600
>program and the supporting development software for it until he had
>ironed out some details with Headspace.

I'd be willing to follow this up if anyone can get me info on how to
contact Headspace (a name would help too).

I think it would be fitting to release this as yet another reminder of
what Jim gave us.

>There were other programs and projects too he told me of but wich had
>not been completed yet and sadly never will be.

"The Jim Nitchals 2600 Code Preservation Project and Memorial".  Who's
in?  Glenn, let's get that source.

A proper obituary should be forthcoming, but I don't think anyone will
fault any "off-topic" posts in the meantime.

||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||