RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.

Subject: RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 07:33:18 -0500
At 06:00 PM 7/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I think all you would
>need to do to Distella is to remove the leading dots from the undocumented
>opcodes in table.c.  But I haven't tried it.  Any volunteers to get Distella
>to disassemble the undocumented opcodes?

Well, there is a little more to it than that, you need to indicate the address
mode in the table for the opcode too, which is fairly easy.  I do need to
update Distella because I found an opcode that didn't disassemble correctly
(I wrote it down on one of the numerous pieces of paper adorning my desk).
I have also thought of a couple of algorithms to help in determining the
difference between data and code that could be added...  I don't know how
much time I'll have in the next month or so since my wife is due in 9 days :)
I'll try and look at it tonight! (But don't hold your breath :)

>Of course Bob is still more than welcome to include this file in the
>official release of DASM.

Well, I would be happy to put the modified version on my webpage.  I got the
v2.12 (I think that is is) to compile under MS VC++ 5.0, but it is only the
32-bit DOS version (Eckhard! Are you up for another compilation?).  When I
e-mailed Matt about putting the altered code on my page, he was more than
happy let me (though it took about 2 or 3 months to get a reply).  I can also
send him a new e-mail and see if he will simply release the program into the
public domain.

				Later,
					Bob