RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.

Subject: RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 19:53:39 +0200
At 18:00 08.07.98 -0700, you wrote:

>I also had to comment out a variable called _fmode in main.c.  I'm not sure
>why, but things seemed to work O.K. without it.  Maybe your compiler won't
>complain about it.

_fmode is an integer, that holds the file mode for the fopen function.
Main.c tries to directly write a 32bit value to it. Someone tried to
convert the source code of DASM to 16bit and therefore redefined _fmode
as a long-type variable. This may not work with all c-compilers. You can
take out _fmode from the DASM souces completely, but then you should
look at the fopen command between the two accesses to _fmode in main.c.
You need to change the "w" to a "wb", or your version of DASM might
create textmode BINs.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg