Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:10:42 +0200
On Fri Jul 31 16:07:52 1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>Also I might need some help with the animations. It took me
>several days even to get the two frames in the demo done, and
>I still don't really like them. If someone thinks he can draw
>better animations than this and would like to help me with the
>game, please contact me.
>
>Any other comment about this demo is of course welcome too.

Well, maybe it'd be a better choice to have multi-colored players
(color-sliced) than to have background graphics? You could still do a
background that stretches VERTICALLY, so you don't have to care about
the PF registers while you're displaying the guys. Other than that, they
look pretty good, except for maybe the faces...

Also, I'm still missing the ending of your former production, Cubis. The
last version I tried showed a title screen where several options were
displayed, but you couldn't choose anything from it. So I assume it
wasn't final. Or did I try an old version? If not, have you dropped that
project, or are you still working on it?

But talking about exploding fist, as you guys also were, I almost liked
better the "Fist II". It had some sort of adventural character, and I
sometimes STILL try to draw a map of it. I admit I got it from my
schoolmates way back then - in fact I didn't ever BUY a single original
game for my C-64. So if anybody knows who to send the royalties for
this, just go ahead... ;-)

With love (and many unpaid games on my disks)
Kurt Woloch