Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat 'em up 05
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:38:55 +0200
At 14:34 04.08.98 GMT, you wrote:
>You could still do stuff like have the head and belt different colors... I
>think it'd be better than no color at all.  Remember that even a small
>line-by-line gradient improves graphics significantly.

But if the fighter would lean backwards for a high kick, the
head the body and the belt would line up and we'd have the same
problem, that I mentioned.

The problem with gradients is, that I need very bright colours
on black background to keep the flicker low.

Anyway, I have changed the graphics to an outlined body and filled
face, fists, belt and feet. I think this looks better than the old
fighters and I might get away with monochrome graphics.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg