Re: [stella] Beat em up 08

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat em up 08
From: Lord Spambraticus of Borg <lord-of-hell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:21:26 +1000
>>P.S. Can anyone here change DASM to output file format 2 without the
>>headers?
>
>Why?  What does that give you over format 3?  You should be able to make a
>proper SC binary using the f3 flag with no modification.  I use -f3 for my
>KTP game with no problems.

I'd assume it'd make the binary images smaller for "sparsely used" ROM images.

Of course, these would be unusable in Stella unless it was modified (or the
format changed).  But if you had some slow loader mechanism for a real VCS/
Supercharger/whatever.... where every byte saved trimmed the debug cycle
times... it'd be worth it.

I think it'd be TERRIBLE to use as an export format to others, though.  Plain
format 3 bins are the only way to fly for those.

=Rob=