Re: [stella] Some thoughts that hit me while the power was out

Subject: Re: [stella] Some thoughts that hit me while the power was out
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 _Competitive_ Missile Command
> would rule!  Picture it
> done in the style of multiplayer Tetris or
> Bust-a-Move or Puzzle Fighter.
> Blow up two invading missiles with one shot and it
> sends an extra missile
> at your opponent.  Chain three or four explosions
> together to launch a
> huge volley of missiles.  Man, if only the 2600 had
> enough graphical
> ability to do side-by-side screens that way...
> perhaps if you drew each
> player's missile field as a 48-pixel wide sprite, on
> alternating frames?
> (would need Supercharger RAM of course, or one of
> the custom designs with
> RAM being bandied about every so often here)

How about something along these lines:  one linked console would defend
the games cities, the other linked console would launch counterattacks
on the computers own cities and missile launchers...hmm...I'd better
start learning this programming faster.  Anyone up for some tag-team
programming (in theory, of course)?