Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)

Subject: Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 20:38:29 -0500
At 04:06 PM 1/1/00 -0600, Clay Halliwell wrote:
>Why blow memory on a vertical position table when you can just do it right
>with a physics-syle solution?

Because I am "l4m3". ;)

>You could add a second byte to the
>y-coordinate for fractional accuracy, and then it's as simple as
>(pseudo-code follows):

The question is, which would be more memory intensive - a vertical position
table of say 64 bytes (read forward and reverse obviously for a total of
128 frames between bounces, just over 4 seconds) or the code required to
implement that algorithm?  I've never dealt with double-byte arithmetic on
the 6502, though there's a first time for everything.  It was my original
intent to do the bouncing thing but at the time I figured it would be
really code intensive.

Given your p-code I'm gonna try to implement it but I suspect it may
actually use less ROM space to do a table.  I'll try and post the results
here whether I use it or not - thanks!

Rob

kudla@xxxxxxxxx ... http://kudla.org/raindog ... Rob