Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?

Subject: Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?
From: "ResQsoft /|\\" <resqsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 21:01:57 -0700
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Is it just me or does this game look unbalanced, gameplaywise?
>
> You've got to imagine that it's a lot easier for the ball to hit the outer
> edge vs. the center.  Perhaps trajectories were constrained in such a way
> that the ball can't bounce off the outer paddle without heading back to the
> center.  I don't know.  It looks like a cool game, but I think the center
> player has the real advantage.

Actually that is one of the things I did discuss with Paul at one point. I can't
recall the resolution he came up with, but he did state that was a concern
initially, but he had done something to even up the player advantages. I think
it was in his description on his website at one time. I wish I could recall.

Lee

--

ResQsoft Research & Technology: <http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft>
Check out the Atari 2600 CD Compilation for play on your Supercharger:

"No Atari; no fun" <==> "Know Atari; know fun" /|\
"Save the Whales; Buy the whole set"
"On the other hand; you have different fingers"
"God, Please protect me from your followers."