RE: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?

Subject: RE: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?
From: adavie@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 14:22:42 +1000
This sits with my recollection of discussions with Paul.
>From memory, he indicated he positioned two balls (left, right edge) on each
line, through table-lookup - and I recall he had blocky background setting
the rest.  I recall there being an inner circle, too... The ball only needed
to even-out the steps between the large PF block steps.  Sounds pretty
simple.  I really should dig up his email(s) for the lists' interest.
I have a recollection that he told me he calculated the table-offsets for
the circle positioning by hand.  I've half a hankering to dabble in creating
"The Core Redux" using exactly the same idea :))  boy I wish i had the time!
Cheers