Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?

Subject: Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:41:39 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 4:45 PM

<snippage>

> have so many VBLANK lines to figure things out"
> system.  Professional and expert opinion, please:  is
> this game really possible to make on the 2600?

Have you ever played 2600 Gravitar? That games somehow tortures the 2600
into calculating the effect of *multiple* gravitational forces on the player
ship in real-time.

And then there's 2600 Gyruss, which has many objects moving around in
circles while also zooming in and out.

Yep, I think the 2600 could handle a ball and a couple of paddles without
too much trouble.

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------