Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal

Subject: Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:21:19 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> That's why I thought FAQs alone would be insufficient.  It's a good way to
> outline information, and we should continue building this one out, but
> ultimately I think these should be put into an all-encompassing book of
> some kind.

I have long thought that it would be wonderful to have some sort of
downloadable 'book', or set of books that provided all the documentation
available.  The atari documentation depot is good, but it has a lot more
documents to be added.  If someone wants to add an all encompassing site
that had _all_ available documents that would be wonderful.  It would have
to be someone who doesn't mind putting up copyrighted stuff
though(copyrighted, but I doubt anyone will complain as it is no longer
commercially viable.)

The documents I have collected that I think should go up:
(in no particular order)

--Stella manual(at least the 2 versions I have, original scanned and that
--MS word format revision by Charles Sinnett)
--US patent #4644495
--Schematics: SAMS photofacts (copyrighted)
--            The hand traced version someone has on the web
--2600FAQ.txt
--the stella FAQ in construction
--copies of a 6502 book.(relavent pages)(copyrighted)
--opcode charts
--bankswitching docs(sizes.txt?)
--IEEE article (copyrighted)
--Nick's guide to cyclecounting
--TIA manual***
--2600 game standards(other stuff on documentation depot)
--6502 datasheet
--6532 datasheet

Anyone have any others?

Does anyone want to put up this site? (or is the owner of the documentaion
depot willing to put these up if I send them on?)

Mark