Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal

Subject: Re: [stella] FAQ draft proposal
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 00:06:19 -0700
At 10:56 PM 5/15/00 -0500, Russ wrote:
Given what you've said, may I point out how ideal HTML can be for a
project like this...

I think as far as a raw databank, yes, but we have to decide on the scope of this thing otherwise it should go in two totally different directions...

Do we all want to have something that reads like a book, or something that is merely a browse and search engine through existing data?

Not that the two are mutually exclusive, certainly we can do both, but I was really hoping for something that reads like De Re Atari or Mapping the Atari or, for a modern analogy, an O'Reilly's text-book. Something whose purpose is to educate, with code samples, lessons, and a flow from easy to hard, with various appendices (which would be where the compilation stuff came in) in the rear. I think that such a book would be a lot more convenient because it carries the reader through its linear flow from novice to expert, whereas presenting a raw interface to data forces the novice to fend for himself.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/