Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:19:22 +0200
Glenn Saunders wrote:
> >That's exactly what i can't do, because all the level data has to
> >be together with the kernel in one 4k page. And there's really
> >no space left.
>
> But does it have to be written that way?

The kernel need's a lot of data to display the cave and the wire.
The only thing i can think about is, to double the kernel in another
bank. Kernel 1 would display all planets from 1 to x, and kernel 2
from x+1 to y.
But believe me, it's veeery hard to design a working level, and it's
even harder (and sometimes very frustrating or boring) to implement
the data. The data is aranged very complex (i have explained it here
some months ago) and there a some limitations in the kernel, which
lead to even more complexity. This results in a lot of try and error to
debug a new level.
If i get some nicely designed levels from other people i might go that
way, but i'm not sure if i really want to.

IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de