Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 01:02:28 +1000
Personally, I would like to see these sections of code which use illegal
instructions.
Though I agree that *most* 2600s will have a processor capable of executing
these instructions, not ALL of them are guaranteed to.  Especially when we
extend the field to clones, one of my areas of interest.  I would definitely
like to see a cart (forthcoming, I hope) which is compatible with all these
devices.
I've always frowned on the illegal opcodes...  I am hoping we can have a bit
of fun offering alternate code which still allows Thomas to achieve the same
things the illegal code does - without penalty :)
Anyway, Thomas... how about it?  How about sharing those areas where you
feel you *must* use the illegal opcodes and let those of us who are on
higher moral ground :))  tell you why you don't need to :)
Cheers